Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Scripts
As you all know, Elu has been AFK but his scripts were still working. As of now that is no longer the case. At this point in time we are, along with Osiris and TNP, without any security scripts. As such we will have to move to manual security sweeps, which are a pain in the ass but now required.

We need to draw up a rota and system for this, and slacking on this is not acceptable. The easiest way to do this will be makings use of the ability to upload/download dossiers, with people taking it in turns to do a full sweep of all WA's in the region and uploading a new dossier of them. As well of that, we will need to set up a manual spreadsheet to keep track of the WA's in the region.

Further, I'd already contacted Solm about getting us a new set of scripts set up in anticipation of this. Hopefully he will be able to get them set up ASAP.

Edit: Osiris and TNP's scripts both appear to be normal. Only ours has broken so far.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
And now it is working again. It appears that it crashed during update and didn't collect data for all nations in TSP (has happened before) but is still operational.

Crisis delayed.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Courtesy of Solm; http://solm.me/sec/tsp-alpha/

That has a full list of all WA's in the region, which makes tarting easier for people without access to Elu's script. Solm will be adding some more functions soon, such as a column for influence. Anything that has an API entry, he can add.

I'd like for this version to stay secret as our backup, so please do not distribute the link to anyone.

Edit: new address

Could the people who have seen this please post to check in? I want to see how often people check this subforum to see if I need to switch to a PM alert system.

Love the Solm script

He's adding the ability to rank it according to various columns ascending to descending instead of having them all tied to endorsement count for me, and then it's done. The text box for Del/VD/Endo-Count are also editable by clicking on them, but have no actual function other than a reminder.

He had most of the code already built for his own purposes, so it was essentially a matter of just modding in my custom requests. I got him to make it as simple as possible and declined an offer of integration into our forums to minimize what can break.

This one will update once a day just before the start of Major, which is less than Elu's (twice a day, before Major and Minor) but more than sufficient.

Quote:Could the people who have seen this please post to check in? I want to see how often people check this subforum to see if I need to switch to a PM alert system.

I saw your post. Smile Soon I am going to drop the WA on my current TSP puppet, and use <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_nord-brutlandese_embassy'>the Nord Brutlandese Embassy</a> as my WA from now on to spread influence (aside from other reasons/concerns). I intend to tart the entire region (480+ WAs) soon, and with a return rate of 40%, will probably at 190+ in a week, around the level where the HEM is now. Wink

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
*nods*

I don't think we need anymore influence on Brutland and Norden, so that sounds like a good idea.

Not really relevant to the topic, but since I have discussed my WA nation switch here, I might as well say it here. I am intending to put back the WA on my main, Brutland and Norden. With TSP at war, I think it'd be better if there are a lot of high-influence people up there in the endo list, for the defense of the region. The return rate for <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_nord-brutlandese_embassy' title="External link">the Nord Brutlandese Embassy</a> has been very disappointing (25%), so if I switch to a better-known account it might be better (also, Elu's script doesn't work for <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_nord-brutlandese_embassy' title="External link">the Nord Brutlandese Embassy</a>, it only works perfectly for Brutland and Norden). I have now already invested influence in about 3 TSP accounts, so I have influential things to give away when needed. Smile

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile