Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agenda Tracking
I'd like to track what we've accomplished so far in this term based on the agenda I set forth in the beginning.  

TEP does something really interesting which is they host a moderated IRC chat with the current cabinet towards the end of the term, allowing citizens to ask questions about the agenda and their campaign promises. I really enjoyed seeing their way of tracking progress and will be requesting that all of us be available for a similar live event, with a moderator such as Hileville, one or two weeks before the next election cycle begins. 

We've actually done a lot now that I look back which is actually quite heartening.

If the ministers can update with any additional information, I'd like to post a public update on what we've done and the main projects we will focus on for the remainder of this month.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Glen-Rhodes and Deputies)

1. Briefings from MoFA on Ambassador Reports and Foreign Happenings

- We had some very fruitful discussions with our allies in TNI and are happy to reconnect with them. 

- While we discussed methods to centralize the reports process, we have not found an ideal way and this project needs further attention\trials.

- Updates about foreign relations coming from GR, Horse, Kris, or other MoFA members has been satisfactory. 

2. Summit with Lazarus

- While we begun discussions with Lazarus, on their forums, we are re-evaluating our priorities for the summit. 

3. Assessment on the Situation in Osiris

- We acknowledged that while OFO's means of gaining power was not something we'd like to see in NS, we support Osiris's stability and the progress they've made in producing a constitution. Osiris was an ally in the past and I think we can hope to regain them as an ally if they are able to maintain stability.

4. Review on Current Embassies and Consulates

- Our policy for embassies and consulates is under discussion 

5. Discussion on Relationship with Regions and Organizations

- A treaty with UDL was considered but is off the table. 

- We have made connections with members of several regions that have show interest in improving or building relations including Spiritus, Albion, Wintermoot, TNP, and a few others.  

6. Treaties with TEP and Kantrias and Further Agreements

- The treaty with LWU was repealed due to their current inactivity. 

<b>- </b>The treaty with Kantrias was approved by the Assembly.  

- The treaty with TEP has stalled for now on both ends and should be re-evaluated in the near future.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

B. The Assembly (led by Rebeltopia) 

1. Reform and Enlargement of the CSS

Three new members have been added to the CSS and three more are under consideration. 

2. Citizenship and Voting Registration

This discussion stalled.

* CSS Powers in Emergency

Rebel, can you bring up this from the assembly:

http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/...ncy/page-2

3. Reform on the Role of the Chair of the Assembly

Rebel, can you bring this to vote. It's long overdue:

http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/...ion/page-3

4. Public and Periodic Cabinet Reports

While this term we did not have public and periodic cabinet reports, we should revisit this in a future term. I think the CoA may definitely need to hire a deputy or vice CoA to keep on top of things. 

5. Sunshine Law Revisions

After discussion we decided that the laws did not need to be revised. GR did put  together an excellent document tracking the various threads up for release and the cabinet and some admins assisted in determining which should be released or not.  

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

C. Ministry of the Army (led by Southern_Bellz)

1. Recruitment and Clear Vision Campaign

Southern_Bellz advertised the NSA army at the NS World Fair and a mass regional TG was sent out for recruitment.  The army has gotten a lot of international attention and many people have contacted SB or the TSP cabinet to inquire about working with the NSA.

2. Training Missions and War Games

* The NSA completed some training exercises and some missions.  If a list of these can be provided (as long as its not security related) that would be great.

3. MoA Coordination with MoFA

We reconnected with our ally TNI who agreed that more missions together was a great idea. Several other organizations have also wanted to and have worked with the NSA.

4. NSA Mission Logs

The NSA has kept logs of its activities. 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

The Ministry of Regional Affairs

1. Resident Spotlight and Government Close-Ups

Some resident spotlights, and other interviews have been released and we continue to build a great narrative of all the amazing people in TSP.

2. Southern Games, renamed TSP Inter-regional Games

We will be hosting a two week inter-regional games with Spiritus and TNP (and possible one more region, in talks). The games will be held in a specially created region and are super exciting.

3. Interregional Festivals

We held interregional festivals with Kantrias and Europeia and are holding games with three other regions. 

4. South Pacific Compact and Regional Map

This stalled and unfortunately with Awe's departure, I think that it would be best to move on to setting up role plays for the map which have begun (Seventh Alliance RP is currently ongoing). 

5. NS and TSP Guides

A few articles were written but a lot more needs to be done!  This is a great work in progress. 

6. Polls and the RMB

Polls on the WFE are creating a steady stream of activity. Doing a "WFE" theme of the week has also generated interest.

7. Forum Activity

The forums have been active, especially the Enter if You Dare section. 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

The Supreme Court

1. Comprehensive Judicial Reform

HEM has proposed a judicial system. It's under discussion and with minor edits should be ready for the assembly. 

2. Mock Trials with MoRA Coordination

The South Pacific Compact fell through. However, I'd like to set up mock trials in some other manner.

3. Comprehensive Review of Laws and Policies

Once we have a system set up, this should logically be the next step.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Other Projects

1. Cabinet Policies

I'd like all cabinet member to write up a "Day in the Life" post to share their work processes with the region. This will help give TSPers a behind the scenes glimpse into government as well as how we actually function.

Glenn-Rhodes, Southern_Bellz, Kris, Rebel-topia, and after a few days Arbiter08 (and myself of course), please write a "Day in the Life" post describing an active day in your position for a newbie to government. 

2. Forum Moderation and Moderation Policies

This is a work in progress. We have a moderation policy with a points system.  The next step is to figure out how to track the points. Once the judiciary is set up, we also will figure out how a citizen who is banned from the forums (but has not committed an offense which revokes their citizenship) can still participate in voting\exercising their rights.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

1. Seems like you didnt finish your thought there, Escade. And, I understand your point, but the way I handle the position is much different than GR handled it, and Bels before him... So I dont know how much this would help a government newbie with what the position entails more than the points in the Charter...
  2. That is already set up, using the in-house warning system. The Admin team has talked about revising the Mod Policies, and were waiting on the judicial discussion to give us some path to follow before we decide to revise the policy or not.
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

REBS,

"A Day in the Life Post," is more interesting to read Tongue

The charter lists duties but it misses out a lot of stuff. Like what I'm considering writing about the delegate position involves all the meeting and planning and a bunch of other stuff and has some advice in it as well. 

It would be nice if each government member wrote such a post at the end of their term for posterity.

I'll put up a draft of mine sometime next week if that would be helpful. 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

While the Charter does list the main duties of each office, I think there is a lot that each of us do behind the scenes to fulfill those duties. Even if we each have different styles, letting people know how we do stuff would be really interesting for people not in the Cabinet.

I think that it may also get more people to sign up for deputy positions. They might like what a minister says that his/her ministry does and want to try it out.
​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

Honestly, I've been swamped with just doing my MoA stuff and keeping up with the basics of the assembly.

Sorry guys-- was a bit sick the past couple days.

I like the idea of a Cabinet "town hall." And I think I'll write up my "Day in the Life" today. Big Grin

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I suggest that we put a MoRA, MoFA and other Public Offices so the people would tell the Ministers what would they like to see in their Ministries. Get it? There will be a Public Office and another that's private.
Long live TSP and Cake!

[Image: Ryccia.png]
Ryccian Coat of Arms

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-Present)
You mean something like this? http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/...stion-box/

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Oh, that's installed? Then forget about what I said.
Long live TSP and Cake!

Ryccian Coat of Arms

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-Present)
It would be interesting to ask residents to send us, in a single sentence, one thing that they think we should do or improve in the region.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Yeah, it would be nice.
Long live TSP and Cake!

Ryccian Coat of Arms