Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TWP has sent me a TG
Quote: 

<a class="" href='http://www.nationstates.net/nation=all_good_people'>The Cold Fire of All Good People</a>

<div style="font-size:8pt;"><a class="" href='http://www.nationstates.net/page=tg/tgid=2912883'>94 minutes ago</a>

</div>

<div style="background-color:rgb(255,255,255);">
<div> 
Hey there,

You had mentioned an interest in re-establishing relations between TSP and TWP, and I just wanted to take a moment to say that I remain interested in that as well. I also understand that the situation with Osiris and Gatesville probably leaves a question mark regarding TWP's relations with Gatesville. If there are any questions that I can answer, or concerns I may be of assistance with, don't hesitate to let me know.

*runs off to go enjoy the beautiful summer day*

</div>
</div>

I am still against this at the moment. Until they prove they can be a trusted and valueable ally, they can shove it.

I feel I have to respond to the TG, and think it is worth explaining our hangups to them.

I think they have to make their stance clear, while we explain our hangups

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I don't think they deserve that, WE don't owe them anything!
Unless the base issue has changed, and TWP is willing to stop supporting efforts to take over the region, then we have nothing to talk about. Everything else comes back to that ultimately.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote: 

Thank you for taking the time to write, I appreciate it.

<p style="font-family:Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13px;">Our treaty with Gatesville has placed me in a somewhat difficult spot, which has taken time to sort. From the beginning of the events in Osiris, GV has requested assistance that I have not been willing to provide. I consider that the treaty is first defensive, and secondly allows the regions to work together as they are both comfortable, and certainly I am not comfortable assisting them with their adventure in Osiris. This has, of course, disapointed them (I've heard stronger language to describe their feelings). They requested military assistance, which I denied, and they requested I accept their ingame Embassy request from Osiris, which I also refused. So to be clear, there is no support for their actions in Osiris on behalf of TWP.

<p style="font-family:Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13px;">On the other side of the situation, Osiris unilaterally closed relations with us and refused to discuss it with us when I approached them. So we have no grounds for providing them with support, which is unfortunate. Especially since I have discovered in the past few days that the action was forced upon the Osiris government by Douria alone. The government objection was overridden by Douria. I wish someone would have taken the initiative to talk to me about that situation much earlier. But so it goes. I am currently in contact with a number of Osiris officials, so the backchannels of communications are open.

<p style="font-family:Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13px;">As for individual TWP citizen involvement, we recognize each player's soveriegnty of action in NationStates. No region, government, or organization has any right to impose upon the ingame decisions of individual players. However, if someone acts on behalf of TWP in an official capacity, their actions will be dealt with from that perspective. TWP Armed Forces soldier Archisium issued orders to deploy in support of Gatesville at the outset of events while I was on vacation. He had no authority to do so, and I immediately recinded those orders when I became aware of them, and ejected Archisium from TWP as a warning. He is no longer a member of our Armed Forces and has not returned to TWP. (Which is really unfortunate, I hate to lose active players)

<p style="font-family:Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13px;">Endorsementwise in Osiris, individually there are a four TWP members working with the E-Army of Equilism in support of Cormac Stark, and one member supporting Gatesville. The all act on behalf of themselves, not TWP.

<p style="font-family:Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13px;">I hope that helps understanding of the current situation from our perspective and helps explain our relationship with Gatesville. I have placed the treaty under review, and expect to have more to say soon. There have been a number of....misrepresentations that I have investigated over the past week, and I intend to address them.

<p style="font-family:Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13px;">Let me address some of the other issue you've mentioned later, if you don't mind. Easier for me to address it a bit at a time.

<p style="font-family:Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13px;">Thanks !
Seems like an honestly complicated situation

I would enter talks, but I would not have Southern Bellz do it personally (at least in the initial phases).

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
I would suggest that as resident security Nazi and regional curmudgeon I should be the one to start informal talks, and when they inevitably stall someone more 'moderate' can come in and salvage them. After dealing with me for a bit they'll be more receptive to someone else.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Quote:I would suggest that as resident security Nazi and regional curmudgeon I should be the one to start informal talks, and when they inevitably stall someone more 'moderate' can come in and salvage them. After dealing with me for a bit they'll be more receptive to someone else.

Honestly, this is a good idea.

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
I do not like the good cop, bad cop trick.

I would prefer sending HEM if you guys don't think I should be doing the talks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well, who we send and what tactic we take will depend on what we want to achieve. I believe the consensus is roughly the following;

1. Having a diplomatic relation with TWP is preferable to not having a diplomatic relation with TWP.

2. However so long as TWP continues supporting attempts to coup the region and recognizing coupers governments here than a relation is not possible.

3. TWP's word alone is not sufficient as a guarantee that such behavior will end, and a formal public commitment of some kind will be required.

Regarding holding you back SB, you're our diplomatic heavyweight. Sending you out before we even know if a deal is possible, never mind the terms of it, is premature. It also prevents Westwind from trying to get you to 'solve the issue right now' without time to think about it and consult the cabinet. None of us would have that problem.

I'd be happy to do it if you want the Vice Delegate involved in the talks right away.

I offically turn the talks over to you.

I have sent this TG to the delegate of TWP.

Quote: 

Thank you for addressing some of our concerns.

The South Pacific cabinet has been generally pleased with your telegrams and the TWP post in gameplay.

I think once you clarify your position a little on if The West Pacific is interested in establishing relations with the coalition government.  I sense the atmosphere in TSP is generally unwilling to invest in a relationship between our regions if a Milograd style coup would be something that causes TWP to not recognize us as the TSP government.  This government has been in place for over a decade while using minimum force to hold the region, and that alone does not give us legitimacy.  But that is in contrast of our two brief rogue delegates who used nothing but force to hold their claim on the region.  We are here to build TSP in the long term and they are there to make a name for themselves.

Anyways, I am getting overwhelmed with matters I need to attend to, and I am finding this conversation productive.  I will turn over the TSP side of this conversation to my vice delegate, HEM.