Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving back to the old boards
Quote:HTZ sorry but if you disagree with Unibot its out of pure laziness or spite.
I'm not trying to be spiteful, lazy or maybe busy with other things yes. Yeah I can agree with that in fact it was my whole point that it was my choice not to check the boards I could have made the effort and if I didn't then that's on me. The admins and the people here have their own things going on and probably don't have the time to chase after me to get me to come to these boards that was my choice so whatever happened that I missed was by my choice and I will live with what happened. Now fudge I don't know what her situation was but if she feels that passionate about it she has the right to suggest moving back. We made provision for over turning laws if we felt they didn't work and as far as I can see that is what she has done. I really don't care myself I'll go where ever the majority wants to go. Hope you see where I am coming from.
I dont think it was laziness or spite, I was mocking Unibot's accusation.I agree with almost every you have said.Glad you see you stop by and give us insight from time to time Smile
Wow. I missed all this.As a few people have complained about post count comments, which are basically mine Tongue I really don't care if I lose my post count, provided certain players stop falsely boosting theirs. Hil. Tongue
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
I didn't falsely boost mine. As soon as I saw what my post count was on the old forums I reset it.
I don't care about my count either and as far as I know I was in the top 10%
Hmph. Tongue I slowly pulled myself to top 25 in the old forums. Now I suck. Such is life.
New Southern Army Member
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
For the record, I was not absent. I simply did not vote. I feel the new forum has taken off and it would be disruptive to abandon it, however I also agree with the sentiment that the old forum contained a lot of valuable history.
Then you should have abstained and let it be known there where it would have been Officially noted.....
Quote:On the subject of inactivity versus community: what do you suggest we do, Uni? Do we bring activity in TSP to a standstill if a few people aren't present? Do we wait for every single member of the Assembly who might object to a decision to show up before making one? Is that "what we stand for?"
It might have been nice if we contacted people about such an important deal as us switching forums. I know some individuals have a problem with people being contacted about votes (aka. your client who thinks people who aren't in the little circle of people who regularly vote, aren't real citizens), but overall that'd be something good and positive instead of trying to sneakily pass a piece of legislation under the community's nose -- a tactic that's used in a lot of open legislatures, we call them Tyrannies of the Active.
Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

Quote:<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="A mean old man">On the subject of inactivity versus community: what do you suggest we do, Uni? Do we bring activity in TSP to a standstill if a few people aren't present? Do we wait for every single member of the Assembly who might object to a decision to show up before making one? Is that "what we stand for?"
It might have been nice if we contacted people about such an important deal as us switching forums. I know some individuals have a problem with people being contacted about votes (aka. your client who thinks people who aren't in the little circle of people who regularly vote, aren't real citizens), but overall that'd be something good and positive instead of trying to sneakily pass a piece of legislation under the community's nose -- a tactic that's used in a lot of open legislatures, we call them Tyrannies of the Active.
</blockquote>I'd like to think that most of the people who use the forums regularly voted or at least knew of the vote. If someone needs to be telegrammed to come on the forums for a few minutes to vote on an important issue, are they really using either forum to begin with?
And people moaned when the trial got mentioned where it was relevant. Cut it out, Uni.We surely aren't going to argue that we need a *third* vote on this, are we?
New Southern Army Member
Quote:And people moaned when the trial got mentioned where it was relevant. Cut it out, Uni.We surely aren't going to argue that we need a *third* vote on this, are we?
I did point out this problem on the 29/04/12 and the 30/04/12...
Quote:UnibotMay 7 2012, 04:53 AMA mean old manMay 1 2012, 01:44 AMOn the subject of inactivity versus community: what do you suggest we do, Uni? Do we bring activity in TSP to a standstill if a few people aren't present? Do we wait for every single member of the Assembly who might object to a decision to show up before making one? Is that "what we stand for?" It might have been nice if we contacted people about such an important deal as us switching forums. I know some individuals have a problem with people being contacted about votes (aka. your client who thinks people who aren't in the little circle of people who regularly vote, aren't real citizens), but overall that'd be something good and positive instead of trying to sneakily pass a piece of legislation under the community's nose -- a tactic that's used in a lot of open legislatures, we call them Tyrannies of the Active.
Every open legislature works in this way - if you do not take the time to be aware of current legislation/votes, attend to the legislative assembly or attend to vote then you do not get to vote and you are bound to follow the view of the majority of voters. It is not 'Tyranny of the Active' it is the basic fundamentals of the world system of open democracies, if there is a General Election and you fail to vote then you must abide by the decision of the majority of voters (no matter how few of the overall electorate that may be) no matter how much you disagree with it because time has been allocated to make this decision and a decision has been made by the active electorate.
Agreed.
New Southern Army Member
Quote:Then you should have abstained and let it be known there where it would have been Officially noted.....
The time that I spent looking at it was time that I spent thinking about whether or not I wanted to vote "yes" or "no." My abstention was ultimately decided by an eventual failure to choose one or the other before the vote ended. An official abstention would have been premature.
Did I miss the vote? *kicks something or someone or whatever*
I'm back...your nightmare returns.

My one and only minion, so far, Rebel-topia.

Yep, but it went down 14-6, so you wouldn't have made a difference.
New Southern Army Member
ok cool Smile thank you Ant.

Is this all over now and we're staying...?
Life doesn't stop because people don't show up. It would be nice if you had 100% of the people here but people move on you can't wait if they aren't coming because you will get no place.
Quote:Is this all over now and we're staying...?
We r stay here Smile

Yes all over. Thread will be closed and archived soon.
Good. Smile
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus