Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT: Re B&N
I'll admit that I overreacted. However, I made it clear to B&N that he needed to consult the cabinet, and he refused. The principle of collective cabinet responsibility is not only enshrined in convention but in the Charter, where the power to make executive policy is invested in The Cabinet, not the individual ministries.

Whilst I consider the agreement to be shameful and humiliating, as well as empty - GV's recognition of us meant nothing when they backed Milograd - I will not be publicly attacking it for the good of TSP. But I will not be nice to GV, and whilst we have to keep our embassy with them I would strongly suggest we decline to bother sending them an ambassador.

For the sake of form, I motion for a vote in support of of B&N's agreement with GV, and vote aye.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
I also vote Aye.
I was watching these developments, both in public and through various chatter with other regional heads. Long story short: this move, albeit a bit unilateral, is a beneficial one for more reasons than one. The situation started to get ugly pretty fast when those three regions equated removal of embassy to declaration of war.
TP didn't make that equation, I can assure you. They have some hot heads speaking out in public but Krull remains friendly.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Christ, I lose internet for two weeks and you all go mad Tongue
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]