Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review of Extant Treaties
PunkD, the discussion about LWU being defunct was going on for some months prior to the current cabinet joining office.  I would love a policy where the outgoing cabinet leaves a nice "summation of what we've worked on and discussed" for the incoming cabinet.

Thanks to GR and everyone else involved in contacting them quickly and helping figure things out.  Also, please do change your vote back to Aye in terms of repealing the treaty as LWU is not currently a viable ally.  I'm sure if they ever do become an active organization, they will be more confident to engage in a treaty or support of us. 

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Quote:I would love a policy where the outgoing cabinet leaves a nice "summation of what we've worked on and discussed" for the incoming cabinet.

Im not trying to be a smartass here, but that kinda does exist... Its called "The Cabinet Office", and everything the cabinet has discussed is in that forum.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I think what she means is a summary of what the previous Cabinet's priorities were and what they still hoped to accomplish. Like a debriefing.

I know where she was getting to... Just stating that every big discussion starts there. And, 99% of the time, continues/ends there as well.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Rebel, not quite. Some stuff is discussed over IRC, Skype, or even PM\TG that sometimes misses making it into the cabinet office.  We actually need to figure out a system to periodically update the cabinet office with logs and such.

Also perhaps this conversation could be moved to a relevant thread as we are no longer discussing treaties. 

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Punk D" data-cid="114101" data-time="1389792205">
<div>
If we have a treatied allied partner and start voting to end the treaty without having contacted them in months, it looks bad on us. 

Again, the understanding of the Assembly was that LWU was a defunct organization. It does not look bad for us to not attempt to contact an organization we no longer knew existed. In the future, we will attempt to contact any region or organization with which we have a treaty we are contemplating repealing, regardless of what we believe is their current status of existence.

</div>
</blockquote>

I'm going to have to disagree here. Whether the Cabinet and Assembly believed LWU was defunct and didn't think it existed anymore or not, it was quite evident that Wolf still existed and he could have been contacted with relative ease. As I said on IRC last night, I don't think this was really Escade's responsibility; discussion of repealing this treaty began some time ago, and the Delegate and MoFA at the time should have notified Wolf that it was being considered back when the discussion started.

I think Escade handled this well, given it wasn't really her responsibility anyway but that of preceding governments, but in the future when we're considering repealing a treaty allies should be contacted as soon as it's brought up.
Cormac Somerset

[Image: cormacshield.png]

The Brotherhood of Malice

General and Outside World Manager

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sandaoguo" data-cid="114112" data-time="1389801169">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Punk D" data-cid="114101" data-time="1389792205">

If we have a treatied allied partner and start voting to end the treaty without having contacted them in months, it looks bad on us.
Again, the understanding of the Assembly was that LWU was a defunct organization. It does not look bad for us to not attempt to contact an organization we no longer knew existed. In the future, we will attempt to contact any region or organization with which we have a treaty we are contemplating repealing, regardless of what we believe is their current status of existence.
</blockquote>
I'm going to have to disagree here. Whether the Cabinet and Assembly believed LWU was defunct and didn't think it existed anymore or not, it was quite evident that Wolf still existed and he could have been contacted with relative ease. As I said on IRC last night, I don't think this was really Escade's responsibility; discussion of repealing this treaty began some time ago, and the Delegate and MoFA at the time should have notified Wolf that it was being considered back when the discussion started.

I think Escade handled this well, given it wasn't really her responsibility anyway but that of preceding governments, but in the future when we're considering repealing a treaty allies should be contacted as soon as it's brought up.</blockquote>Historically this never went further than a vague discussion due to other events taking precedence. Clearly there is no duty to inform a foreign region that relations with them are being discussed whenever they are raised; if a duty to talk to LWU/BW did exist then it did not come into play until this matter came under serious consideration.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]