Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review of post-KRO Osiris
I overall like the first paragraph, though <i>"is not likely to leave the field anytime soon"</i> makes it sound like we expect or hope that the OFO will be replaced by some other government soon. I agree with SB about the rest. The point here is to highlight how we are ready to recognise their existence as the government of Osiris and hope that our relationship will be at the least civil. I do like how you highlight our military cooperation at the end, and think that is the tone that the statement should have.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
I revised it. It's my belief that any statement shouldn't serve as an admonishment and if something isn't our problem particularly we don't need to mention it. 

After careful consideration of the political environment and the interests of the Coalition of The South Pacific, the Cabinet has decided to extend diplomatic recognition to the Osiris Fraternal Order, the current ruling government of Osiris. This decision was made based upon a pragmatic political analysis that the Fraternal Order is in power, has the support of a considerable number of native Osirans, and is working towards stability. Additionally, the Cabinet believes that the recent constitutional referendum and region-wide elections for the Pharaoh and the Keeper were positive developments from the former regime and the way the Fraternal Order came to power.

Keeping an eye on the future, we will be assessing the long-term situation of Osiris on a regular basis and hope to see the GCR thrive and attain desired stability. Our nations have begun to work together already and we look forward to more. The New Southern Army has successfully cooperated with the Sekhmet Legion. We congratulate the recent military victories by the Sekhmet Legion, in cooperation with the New Southern Army, and encourage this type of teamwork in the future.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I think it's important that the statement say we do not condone the manner in which the OFO came to power. That is, after all, what caused the rift in the first place. Releasing a statement without explicitly stating that would be read politically that we've reversed our position.

This recognition isn't an attempt to foster an alliance. There's no reason to spare criticism for the benefit of Osiris, when it would cost our position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IF we were going to mention that, it should be something along the lines that while we regret or disapprove the events that led to the fall of the KRO and the rise of the OFO, they have nonetheless proven that they are honestly working for a better Osiris.
Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
I agree with GR that we need to state we do not condone the events that transpired and how the OFO came to power. BUT, with that said, I think we need to say it more diplomatically. Stating that we know it was the best option in a lot of bad options, and we hope they continue along the path of working for the betterment of Osiris, and not personal gain.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

RT: So my original statement? Not trying to be snarky. I don't know what difference you're looking for.

Kris & Escade: I think this is a situation where politics is more important than diplomatic platitudes. If we don't intend to seek closer relations -- which we aren't -- then we shouldn't be using language that suggests we're looking at Osiris with an eye towards an alliance. That's the way I'm reading the suggested changes.

After careful consideration of the political environment and the interests of the Coalition of The South Pacific, the Cabinet has decided to extend diplomatic recognition to the Osiris Fraternal Order, the current ruling government of Osiris. This decision was made based upon a pragmatic political analysis that the Fraternal Order is in power, has the support of a considerable number of native Osirans, and is working towards stability. While we do not condone the circumstances that led to OFO coming in power, we hope that the new regime will be working towards the betterment of the regime. Additionally, the Cabinet believes that the recent constitutional referendum and region-wide elections for the Pharaoh and the Keeper were positive developments from the former regime and the way the Fraternal Order came to power.

Keeping an eye on the future, we will be assessing the long-term situation of Osiris on a regular basis and hope to see the GCR thrive and attain desired stability. Our nations have begun to work together already and we look forward to more. The New Southern Army has successfully cooperated with the Sekhmet Legion. We congratulate the recent military victories by the Sekhmet Legion, in cooperation with the New Southern Army, and encourage this type of teamwork in the future.

*How's that?

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Three observations about that:

1. "the new regime will be working towards the betterment of the regime" Should it be "towards the betterment of the region"?
  2. "we will be assessing the long-term situation of Osiris on a regular basis and hope to see the GCR thrive" Perhaps it might sound better this way: "and hope to see it thrive"
  3. "Our nations have begun to work together already" You mean nations in our regions, or should it be changed to "our regions"?
Otherwise, it's good to me.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Lol, Kris it's still to early for me Tongue  Want to edit it and post the final version?

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Quote:RT: So my original statement? Not trying to be snarky. I don't know what difference you're looking for.
To a point, your original statement. I think it should be more like this:

After careful consideration of the political environment and the interests of the Coalition of The South Pacific, the Cabinet has decided to extend diplomatic recognition to the Osiris Fraternal Order, the current ruling government of Osiris. This decision was made based upon a pragmatic political analysis that the Fraternal Order is in power, has the support of a considerable number of native Osirans, and is not likely to leave the field anytime soon. Additionally, the Cabinet believed that the recent constitutional referendum and region-wide elections for the Pharaoh and the Keeper were positive developments from the Astarial regime and the way the Fraternal Order came to power.

We do not condone the manner in which the Fraternal Order came to power, although we recognize the struggles the region has endured. We will be keeping an eye on the region, assessing the long-term situation of Osiris on a regular basis. And, if at any point, we see substantial growth within the government and its stability, we will begin to look at a formal treatied agreement with Osiris.

Forum Administrator

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I'm looking at the drafts bad seeing how they can be merged. I'll have more to say when I get home from work tonight.

Alright, so I combined the two drafts into what I believe is an acceptable statement:

Statement by the Cabinet of the Coalition of The South Pacific

On Diplomatic Recognition of the Osiris Fraternal Order

After careful consideration of the political environment and the interests of the Coalition of The South Pacific, the Cabinet has decided to extend diplomatic recognition to the Osiris Fraternal Order (hereinafter the “OFO”), recognizing the OFO as the ruling government of Osiris. This decision was made based upon a pragmatic political analysis, with the Cabinet reaching the conclusion that the OFO has the support of a considerable number of native residents, and has been working towards implementing stabilizing policies. Particularly of import was the approval of a constitution by popular referendum, and the election of the Pharaoh and the Speaker.

While we do not condone the manner in which the OFO came to power, we recognize the struggles the region has endured for the past several months. We will be assessing the long-term situation of Osiris, keeping an eye on the future and hoping to see Osiris thrive and attain desired stability. We welcome the cooperation between the New Southern Army and the Sekhmet Legion, as well. The Cabinet hopes that current and future cooperation between The South Pacific and Osiris will foster good relations and aid in stabilizing Osiris.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

That works for me. I say we release that.

:thumb:

Forum Administrator

Looks great to me as well, thanks GR!

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Sorry for the delay on this. I'll be posted this in the Cabinet section shortly, as well as in the TSP embassy on the NS Gameplay forums.

tsp

You may want to let Osiris know officially at some point Tongue

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Oh, they know. Tongue Raven and Douria have been bugging me all week.

tsp

Not only you. Duria has been pretty insistent with me as well. :)