Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes in Vice Delegate Elections
Y'know, I'd appreciate Unibot's input more if he actually done something besides take potshots at other people. So would you mind awfully much keeping the snide little comments about peoples participation in the electoral system to yourself? Participation in the electoral system is a good thing. Having contested elections show that the region is split between candidates and that each candidate has to WORK for it.

Some of us would like to actually think about a constructive reply to this discussion, free of having to deal with your standard statements and potshots at whatever foe you have at the time.

Now, moving on from dealing with him.

The Vice Delegate is someone who should be trusted by the region, and as an extension of that, the Assembly. They are meant to chair the Committee for State Security, and because of that should be a highly trusted person, regardless of their in-game influence or experience.

The Vice Delegate is also responsible for citizenship, specifically, security and areas to that regard - this is another important duty. A diligent Vice Delegate must be on the look out for people who aim to disrupt the coalition, such as foreign agents, spies etc.

Just those two duties alone, suggest to me that Assembly confirmation of a Vice-Delegate is important.

Therefore I propose the following:

1. In the event of the resignation of the sitting Vice Delegate, the Delegate shall suggest a new Vice Delegate to the Assembly.

2. The Assembly shall vote on the suggested person.

3. In the event that the Assembly does not vote in favour of the suggested candidate, then the Delegate may suggest an alternative figure.

4. The above may be waived during States of Emergency as decided by the CSS and any relevant laws.

Simple, to the point and doesn't put any massive restrictions on the delegate - just ensures that the region gets a Vice Delegate that it can trust. This would only be for a resignation mid-term for Vice Delegate because previously to this, the Delegate/V-Delegate ticket would have already received voter approval during elections.

In theory this could also apply if the Delegate ran on their own and appointed a V-Delegate after they were elected.

#justmytwopence

[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]
Just a minor correction, the Vice Delegate doesn't perform security checks. That's still the job of the admins.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
I like Raven's general idea.  I also would like to find a way to address the issue of not being able to find a running mate.  I still think I prefer that the Vice Delegate be elected rather than appointed (yes I know they are technically an appointment that is elected on a joint ticket).  After reading over the thread I can see the value of electing the Delegate and VD separately.  I still don't believe I am for that though.

Indeed. But they are Chair of the CSS, which in and of itself has an important security role so I think the general meaning still stands there, Kris. Smile
[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]
Yes, I just wanted to make that tiny detail clear. I did get your point overall point though. Smile

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
I like Ravens idea. Im also with Hile that I still dont like electing the delegate/CD on separate tickets. Im all for hearing other ways to keep the election together, but not what Ive already proposed...

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rebeltopia" data-cid="114232" data-time="1389887326">
<div>
To be fair, Bels and I were going to run, then decided to not run for reelection.

If this is really a problem, maybe we should go back to the old system; eliminate the VD position and the highest endo'd CSS member takes the delegate seat until a new delegate is elected via normal elections/special election. (/sarcasm)

But is this really a problem?? The only example brought up so far is SB wanting to run but HEM not getting around to posting his campaign update ... which really is not the fault of the law.

</div>
</blockquote>

I don't even know why this is an example, because we won that election anyway...
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?