Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
change of the delegate every 6 months...
Did you just curse out IP addresses in Italian?
<strong class='bbc'> TSUNAMY IF I'M CALLING FOR ANARCHY YOU ARE CALLING FOR STUPIDITY OF THE NATIONS OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC.... YOU AND YOUR FRIEND CUATELA.... </strong>
I don't mean to be mean, but shut up already.
God, this forum is boring without me. Anyway, bet none of you expected to see me post here for a while. No, the invasion is not coming up, not yet, but I do need to speak on something here. You people need to acknowledge that some people think differently than you. A call for elections every 6 months for the delegates position is not a call for anarchy. It is a call for democracy. I can see how you would institute a failsafe system to prevent dictatorship. But anyway thats just my opinion.
Hey, aren't you banned from our region? Why are you still here? Go away!
I expected it sooner or later since I always see you on here as an active user Smile
Yes, I am always watching you people here. Sitting on the sideline, if you will.Geo, youre doing it again. Attempting to stifle free speech, with alot of the active members on your side. Actually this is one situation that I can congratulate LR on her stance here. I, personally, am for this paticular issue. Rotating delegacy can open this region to true democracy.Anyway, I'm gone for now. But remember, I will be back with my invasion.
Stifling free speech? You're not supposed to be here. You were banned from the SP a very long time ago. I don't understand why LR and Tsunamy haven't banned you from this board yet.
Ah, let him stay. He's very humurous with his delusions of grandure. Give him enough rope and he'll hang himself. Wink
Harkinnen, if your still reading, read this:

It would be nigh-impossible to manage this change, as stated earlier in the thread, proving once again that you don't listen to what others have to say. But that's beside the point. So, I'll state it again in simpler terms so you can understand it.

Unless Max were to redesign the whole game, we could not feasibly change delegates every six months. I've told Casa this on the SP Civil HQ, and I'll say it here: If it was written into the game to be able to change delegates, I would like the idea. Since it's not, however, there is no way we could work this out like it's meant to be.

1: How would we manage to get ahold of <em class='bbc'>everyone</em> that endorses the delegate, and get them to change endorsements <em class='bbc'>in a timely manner</em>

2: What if the person who wins isn't in the UN

3: What if we end up electing a person like you, who wants to change it into something like what FS has set up in the Pacific; a dictatorship that bans people who get close to surpassing the delegate in endorsements?

If you really want this feature, campaign for it on the NationStates forums for NS 2.
Harkinnen sure is amusing. I see him from time to time on the active users list, and I for one am eagerly awaiting his invasion.
Ok just to clear up a point here.Harkinnen Diplomat was baned from the SP, Harkinnen Ambassdor might still be in the region, Harkinnen has not be baned yet, he left region before he had to face the music *coughumhumcough* I would insert something eles there but not worth the time or effort anymore.As to this idea I think in theroy it is a good one, and I stated that I liked it, after reading some of the oppsition to it, it dose make one stop and wonder about the feasibility of such an undertaking, and also if we could at all trust that the same thing would not happen here as in the Pacific.So to stop two stepping around about it, good in theroy as has been proven, but to put into action, impossible with the way the game is set up.But I still like the idea behind it Tongue so there.Kind of sad really if you think about it, Harkinnen has to come here to keep up on all the gossip, think maybe we should start some good ones for him to read?
We could say that we're moving the SP's Headquarters to Perfection Valley, Nevada. The only down side are random Graboid attacks...and the Mix Master Virus...but we should be good...
graboid?
Watch the movie Tremors. Or either of the sequels. Or the TV series. Tongue
oooh.sorry am still catching up on culture after my english degree. i'm missing about 4 years of movies and television...casa, i have a question for you. apart from making these polls, what exactly have you done for the sp? have you signed up for jury duty? have you offered your services in the army? will you aid us as a public defender?what have you done, apart from whine?
NS is a democracy, with an added bonus. We all endorse our delegate. If we change our minds 10 minutes later, we can take it back. After you vote for your leader, you have to wait 4 years. well in canada anyway. Besides this is just a poll.
I don't think we should force a delegate out of power. If the nations of the SP want a new delegate then they can remove their endoresements of the current delegate and give the delegate seat to another nation. I personaly think we should keep LadyRebels as long as she will stay. She is the best delegate the SP has and most likely will ever see!!!Alpha C
A/ The <em class='bbc'>only</em> RL nation that I can think of that has enforced limits on the number of terms a person can serve (and even then <em class='bbc'>only </em>applies it to the President) is the USA ... there are hundreds of countries out in the big wide world who do <em class='bbc'>not</em> limit the terms their gov't serves, and yet they manage to stay 'democratic' ... amazing but true ^_^

B/ "freedom of speech" also requires that any opinion may be spoken against ... Bismath?s and Geo?s comments on pollie's opinions are <em class='bbc'>freedom of speech at work ...</em>

C/
Quote:i think that the endorse sistem isn't democratic... only nations that are un members endorse... and the others???? don't exist????
That's nice for you, thinking and all ... but the game is specifically set out so that regardless of how many nations one has (logged via their IP) only <em class='bbc'>one</em> may have a UN membership, and therefore there is only <em class='bbc'>one</em> vote per player ... the whole point of that rule is that no-one can stack-votes/hijack-a-region etc.

In a democratic process there can, by <em class='bbc'>definition</em> only be one vote per voter ... we in NS are fortunate that we are able to use that vote more than once - something that we can't do IRL (except in a "preferential voting system" such as we have in Australia - too long to explain unless you are really interested - and, since Max is an Aussie, I can see how that feature got in, <em class='bbc'>no other form</em> of voting allows a spread of votes, and most countries use a "simple majority" system!) ... and unlike any other system ... (I apologise to the poster who added this - I couldn't find you entry again :wacko: ) unlike ANY democracy anywhere in the world NS allows you to <em class='bbc'>change</em> your votes and therefore your mind <em class='bbc'>instantly</em> - it <em class='bbc'>doesn't</em> get more representative than that

D/ Unless your form of democracy means that it is <em class='bbc'>an offence not to vote</em> (again, true of Australia, but nowhere else) you <em class='bbc'>must register </em>to make your vote count.

*The UN is the vehicle for voter registration in NS.

Quote:can vote only man that pay 5 silver franc and can be voted man that pay 21 silver franc of tax for year....

<strong class='bbc'>NS is <em class='bbc'>not </em>France.</strong>

Quote:and if i don't want to became a U.N. member???"if I can't pay 5 silver franc???"this is discriminating not democratic...
*Becoming a UN member does not cost you anything.

*If you don't register, you can't vote.

*If you don't vote, <em class='bbc'>you have no right to complain</em>.

*If you do not participate in the democratic process ... <em class='bbc'>you have no right to complain.</em>

... if people are going to start throwing around words that they do not understand ie 'democracy', 'satire' ? {you two can sit down and shut up for a moment, because you very clearly DO NOT understand the words that you are using!!!!} will said people <em class='bbc'>please pick up a dictionary</em>!!!!

... if these same people have managed to muddle through words of more than one syllable ... would they please also take the time to acquire a basic understanding of the concepts that they are throwing around ... maybe taking up "Politics 101" ...

The "Dummies" series of books would make a killing here, I can see it now, <em class='bbc'>Politics for Dummies</em> ? or <em class='bbc'>Democracy for Dummies</em> ... I have no problem with people throwing around opinions, and lively, even heated debate, but for the sake of my single remaining nerve ... will the ignorant please <em class='bbc'>please</em> educate themselves so that said debate is at <em class='bbc'>least </em>intelligent??????

... there, now wasn't that exciting?!?

Free-speech in action!!!

[/color]
*applauds spirit* you tell em!
<span style='color: purple'>*takes a bow*

Wink </span>
Well done.*hangs head* but i don't think i really commented on his opinions...
Wink
Also stopping to think for a min. we can not force people to use these forums, but note please the fact that they are open to UN Members and Non UN Members, so honeslty if they want to come here a make their voices heard all they have to do is register on the board, then they can.By The Way Spirt, need to let you know, here in the states we do have books titled that :lol: , just thought you might like to know that it is a thriving business here Tongue
Quote:By The Way Spirt, need to let you know, here in the states we do have books titled that :lol: , just thought you might like to know that it is a thriving business here Tongue
for all of you who need it:<a class='bbc_url' href='http://http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/item.asp?N=35&R=1483894&act=A03&Item=978076450887&Section=books&Catalog=Books&Lang=en&mscssid=9DENXPKM3BTH8NVKLA0ABVRP12386TT1&WSID=2010D0CA801AB3884147A3617CEAEEF3179A5407'>Politics for dummies</a>