Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Draft] War Declarations Repeal Act
Quote:War Declarations Repeal Act

Whereas the Assembly of The South Pacific previously passed the following declarations of war:
  • Declaration of War against the GGR, 04 June 2012,
  • Declaration of War against Gatesville, 03 July 2013;
Whereas there has been no significant action, to date, in furtherance of either war, due to the presence of active Founders in both regions preventing meaningful military action against them, the collapse of activity within these regions' governments and populaces, and the decline in inter-regional relevance of both regions;

Whereas the circumstances that led to the Declaration of War against Gatesville have changed dramatically since that declaration was passed, the Kemetic Republic of Osiris has been dissolved, and Osiris is no longer at war with Gatesville Inc;

Whereas the Osiris Fraternal Order, the successor government to the Kemetic Republic, has admitted Treize Dreizehn and Durkadurkiranistan II as citizens and as members of its regional legislature, despite these individuals' cooperation with Nevadar of Gatesville to maintain The Dourian Embassy as the rogue Delegate of Osiris in July 2013;

Whereas declarations of war are not necessary to pursue direct military action against The Greater German Reich or Gatesville Inc or disruption of their military actions against other regions;

Whereas a state of war should only be maintained against another region in the most severe circumstances and for the most serious of reasons; and

Whereas the Assembly of The South Pacific does not believe such severe circumstances and serious reasons exist any longer in relation to The Greater German Reich and Gatesville Inc, rendering a legal state of war unnecessary;

Therefore, let it be:

Resolved that the Assembly of The South Pacific continues to condemn and oppose the insidious and hateful ideologies espoused by The Greater German Reich and other Nazi and fascist regions;

Resolved that the Assembly of The South Pacific continues to condemn the violations of Feeder and Sinker sovereignty perpetrated by Gatesville throughout its history, and will continue to oppose such aggression by Gatesville Inc against Feeder and Sinker communities in the future;

Resolved that the Assembly of The South Pacific continues to encourage direct military action against The Greater German Reich and Gatesville Inc, and disruption of their military actions against other regions;

Resolved that the Assembly of The South Pacific mandates that the Coalition of The South Pacific and its military forces will continue to honor the commitments made through the Coalition against the Greater German Reich treaty until such a time as that treaty is repealed;

Resolved that the Assembly of The South Pacific hereby designates The Greater German Reich and Gatesville Inc as Prohibited Groups under Article 9 of the Code of Laws; and

Resolved that the Assembly of The South Pacific hereby repeals Declaration of War against the GGR and Declaration of War against Gatesville in their entirety.

I think this is fairly straightforward. We have two war declarations on the books that aren't being executed in any meaningful way, largely because they can't be executed against foundered regions: a declaration of war against GGR that gives it unnecessary attention and status in our law when it can be effectively opposed without such attention and status, and a declaration of war against Gatesville Inc when most of the rest of NationStates, including Osiris, have now completely moved on.

Cormac Somerset

[Image: cormacshield.png]

The Brotherhood of Malice

General and Outside World Manager

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

It should also be noted that the war against the GGR has been largely fought to conclusion, with the region all but destroyed, and that GV is increasingly inactive to the point of being defunct.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
I like it Big Grin
Many equestrienne. Such Mammal. Wow. 10/10 would ride.

This is smart. Well-written.
Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

Quote:It should also be noted that the war against the GGR has been largely fought to conclusion, with the region all but destroyed, and that GV is increasingly inactive to the point of being defunct.

I wasn't sure if you meant this should be noted in the legislation, or just noted in general, but I did add language related to this to the second Whereas clause anyway.
Cormac Somerset

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

The Declaration of War on Gatesville did more than declare war. It put PNG status on Douria and Nevadar, and enacts diplomatic sanctions on those that support Nevadar and Gatesville. How would those things be impacted, here?

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Quote:The Declaration of War on Gatesville did more than declare war. It put PNG status on Douria and Nevadar, and enacts diplomatic sanctions on those that support Nevadar and Gatesville. How would those things be impacted, here?

They would be repealed. The Vice Delegate can still deny citizenship to both of them, though. Regarding the diplomatic sanctions, I think it's wise to repeal those. Not everyone in NationStates is going to continue refusing to work with Gatesville, should they ever even become active again, because of something that happened in Osiris nine months ago that Osiris itself no longer cares about. And what constitutes this "support"? We have friends and allies that still have open diplomatic relations with Gatesville. Is that "support"?

Cormac Somerset

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sandaoguo" data-cid="120679" data-time="1394928827">
<div>
The Declaration of War on Gatesville did more than declare war. It put PNG status on Douria and Nevadar, and enacts diplomatic sanctions on those that support Nevadar and Gatesville. How would those things be impacted, here?

They would be repealed. The Vice Delegate can still deny citizenship to both of them, though. Regarding the diplomatic sanctions, I think it's wise to repeal those. Not everyone in NationStates is going to continue refusing to work with Gatesville, should they ever even become active again, because of something that happened in Osiris nine months ago that Osiris itself no longer cares about. And what constitutes this "support"? We have friends and allies that still have open diplomatic relations with Gatesville. Is that "support"?

</div>
</blockquote>
It would be a relatively simple matter to place both groups on the Prohibited list.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

I was about to motion to vote, but I would like to hear from the Delegate, more of the Cabinet, and some other Assembly members before doing so. This is a fairly significant issue and while I think it's in the region's best interests to repeal these war declarations, I would rather not move forward with it without broad consensus. War isn't really something the region should be divided on.

Cormac Somerset

The majority of the Cabinet supports this repeal. (4 out of 6 voiced support; 2 have not yet commented). However, a couple of us still believe that PNG status for Nevadar is a necessity.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Quote:The majority of the Cabinet supports this repeal. (4 out of 6 voiced support; 2 have not yet commented). However, a couple of us still believe that PNG status for Nevadar is a necessity.
It would be simple for the Cabinet to request Article 9 designation for Gatesville.

In that case I would like to hold off on voting on this until the vote on Article 9 concludes. That way we can be sure that if we repeal these war declarations, we can immediately move to designating Gatesville a Prohibited Group.

Edit: Actually, once Article 9 passes we could do that in this repeal resolution, could we not?

Cormac Somerset

Hmm... Theoretically, yes. Depends if the CoA allows it .

Efficiency...I like it.

I think if we are not actively looking to send troops to GGR or Gatesville it makes sense to repeal the war declaration. 

Article 9 would seem to suit our overall attitude towards the now seriously isolated Gatesville.

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*

Quote:In that case I would like to hold off on voting on this until the vote on Article 9 concludes. That way we can be sure that if we repeal these war declarations, we can immediately move to designating Gatesville a Prohibited Group.

Edit: Actually, once Article 9 passes we could do that in this repeal resolution, could we not?

Since Gatesville is already a PG, then I see no issue with adding a clause stating that they will stay a PG after the repeal.
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I am still talking to the cabinet about this. I humbly request the assembly to take it's time bringing this to vote.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Not a problem. As said earlier, I would like to at least wait until Article 9 passes.

I've also added a clause that would designate GGR and Gatesville as Prohibited Groups, though if I'm reading Article 9 correctly we will need either the Cabinet or CSS (or both) to request such a designation once Article 9 passes.

Cormac Somerset

This ties up loose ends. I'm fine with it.