Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunshine Law Compliance
We should probably get around to this, yeah.

I would like to keep the original posts here, but duplicate them into a public archive, where we can redact them. I don't know if that is possible, though. It's important for us to have the un-redacted originals.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Usually the process has been to redact the originals, right? At least I've noticed some redacted posts in the archives. The only way to duplicate posts as far as I know would be to basically copy and paste them in a new post?

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

There's a forum mod, if it's not in the base moderation functions. Refracting the originals means we're leaving fewer info for future Cabinets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My recommendation would be to simply withhold the entire threads in question. The act of redacting all necessary sections would render them meaningless beyond interest or use, and would be extremely time consuming and complicated, involving converting the threads into PDF's, blacking out the sections, and then converting them into read only format.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Like Bels said, I think its best to just withhold the entire thread.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

That goes complete against the spirit and purpose of the sunshine law. If we only have to redact a small portion of a thread, then the rest should be declassified. It is technically feasible to make copies of the originals and redact the specific information we need to redact, rather than keeping classified things we otherwise wouldn't.

Furthermore, I think we need to be reminded that the default position is to declassify. We should be trying to make public as most information as possible. I get the sense that a few of you are operating under the assumption that we should make public as little information as possible. So let's keep that in the back of our minds when going through this process.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I can very easily add that if needed.

If thats a workable option, then Im for it.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I have added that hook so admins/GM's and all mods should now have that ability.  I am going to make sure all Cabinet members have the ability to moderate this area of the forum and the other Cabinet Office.