Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Based Role Play Discussion
Quote:My ideas for a character RP involves things like:

3. a diplomatic gala/event wherein ambassadors of different nations get to attend

We had one of these going a while back, but as soon as we got going, it died... Sad Im ALL FOR doing it again! Big Grin
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I voulunter to be part of the terrorist group!
​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

Not everyone wants their diplomats held hostage or killed.  Some prefer to actually do a straight-laced diplomatic RP.

[center][Image: PsIIP8Z.jpg][/center]

[center]Surfer's Paradise[/center]
[center]Where the surf's always up, the wahine are beautiful, and the brahs got swag![/center]
That will come eventually....

But just not today....

​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Well in the plot no one would be killed unless they want to. You don't have to participate either. If we do kill anyone it'd most likely be a couple of red shirts that get executed during certain plot events.

One of the principles of RP that I respect most is to respect other participants and not belittling them. If you don't want it to happen, it won't happen to you.

I'll try and get something up tonight.

Given the proximity of the Coconut islands to the HQ, we'd like to be involved in this, although I'm not really one for guns-a-blazin'. Maybe the diplomats can blow off some steam on our beaches after the hostage crisis is over.

Vibrant Coconuts

WA Advisor to the The South Pacific

Also known as Gruenberg
, Quintessence of Dust
and The Dark Star Republic

I have a question: where do we post factbooks and histories for our nations? Just in the RP Central forum? NSWiki? Or should we create a special subforum just for that?

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I think a sub-forum would be best.
​The New Covenant:

Ive used NSWiki... Im not quite finished, though (I havent had the time to work on it recently)...

Forum Administrator

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Does NS Wiki still work? Every time I want to access they are down for maintenance.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Now that you mention it, I've never actually been on the NSwiki...
​The New Covenant:

We can post factbooks on our actual nation pages on NationStates. Auralia has a good example.

Vibrant Coconuts

WA Advisor to the The South Pacific

Also known as Gruenberg
, Quintessence of Dust
and The Dark Star Republic

Quote:We can post factbooks on our actual nation pages on NationStates. <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.nationstates.net/nation=auralia/detail=factbook">Auralia</a> has a good example.

We can do that, too. I forgot about that feature.
[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Quote:Does NS Wiki still work? Every time I want to access they are down for maintenance.

http://thesouthpacific.wikia.com/wiki/Th...cific_Wiki

Workin' for me now...

Forum Administrator

Oh that's TSP Wiki. That one does work well.

Are you registered on TSP Wiki, Kris? It won't allow me to make an account for some reason.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I just registered actually.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Sounds fun! Depending on the political/ideological orientation of the terrorist group, I could covertly support them.

Check my nations factbooks:

The Voodoo People's Republic of Bruuma: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=bruuma/detail=factbook 

The Protectorate of Puerto Pollo: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=puerto_pollo/detail=factbook 
Quote:Are you registered on TSP Wiki, Kris? It won't allow me to make an account for some reason.

The Wiki is a bit of a pain when it comes to registration/logging in. Sometimes you have to try 2-3 times... restart your browser. That usually seems to help Smile

Forum Administrator

Yeah, it finally let me register.

Farengeto, when you have the chance I'd love to go over the scenario with you. I think for people who want the "guns blazing" aspect there could be a role for terrorists and everyone who wants diplomacy can be the hostages.  As hostages, they don't have to the leaders of the nations but could be foreign officials or such.

This would run on a completely separate timeline from the other RPs running.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

So, I think a Sub-forum or NS wiki would be best for the sake of images.

​The New Covenant:

My idea at the moment:

A number of ex-military and militant groups have begun working together under the same organisation, a nation-wide criminal group that has recruited all kinds of people from nations all over TSP and calls itself NARCXIS. Iyadara has had a particular problem with missing technology recently, with the fear that Iyadaran Clan members have deliberately set this group up. Internally, suspicion has fallen on Clan Othar, though they protest their innocence. Though Narcxis are concerned with many matters that make them money, such as drug running, slave rings, supplying terrorist or rebel groups with arms etc, their true goal if any has been shrouded in secrecy up to now.

Lately, Narcxis has covertly raided several museums, research labs and archaeological digs. Why have these things drawn their attention? Plus, Narcxis' step-up in activity has recently had many leaders and intelligence officials looking over their shoulders. How deep does this organisation go?

I see a few potential threads:

- Dealing with Narcxis' region-wide operations, the base of which has so far eluded everyone (nation-scale)

- Rooting out Narcxis operatives and moles within individual nations, for their web covers TSP (mainly character)

- Deducing why Narcxis is raiding labs and digs, finding out their interest (character)

What do you all think? I'd run this for whoever is interested, on any scale.

Quote:My idea at the moment:

A number of ex-military and militant groups have begun working together under the same organisation, a nation-wide criminal group that has recruited all kinds of people from nations all over TSP and calls itself NARCXIS. Iyadara has had a particular problem with missing technology recently, with the fear that Iyadaran Clan members have deliberately set this group up. Internally, suspicion has fallen on Clan Othar, though they protest their innocence. Though Narcxis are concerned with many matters that make them money, such as drug running, slave rings, supplying terrorist or rebel groups with arms etc, their true goal if any has been shrouded in secrecy up to now.

Lately, Narcxis has covertly raided several museums, research labs and archaeological digs. Why have these things drawn their attention? Plus, Narcxis' step-up in activity has recently had many leaders and intelligence officials looking over their shoulders. How deep does this organisation go?

- Dealing with Narcxis' region-wide operations, the base of which has so far eluded everyone (nation-scale)

- Rooting out Narcxis operatives and moles within individual nations, for their web covers TSP (mainly character)

- Deducing why Narcxis is raiding labs and digs, finding out their interest (character)

Will anyone be RPing as Narcxis? Also, does Narcxis stand for anything?
​The New Covenant:

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Jared Howell" data-cid="112053" data-time="1387568051">
My idea at the moment:

Will anyone be RPing as Narcxis? Also, does Narcxis stand for anything?

</blockquote>
I'd RP them as the antagonists and feed the threads in, keeping Iyadara out of it for the most part. Nobody is sure what Narcxis' goals are yet (this is to be discovered), but I'm thinking they have strong links to any other terrorist or rebel organisation in the region. They are heavily interested in black-market tech and have paid very well to ensure they have agents in most nations willing to give it to them (this would include more exotic tech/fantasy items in applicable nations).