Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assembly Repeals Osiris Treaty
I do not have the time right now to go into extreme detail but I do not appreciate anyone trying to push me off as a "defender sympathiser", "defender", and especially a "UDL stooge".  I very publicly stated why I left the UDL and was NEVER so in tune with the defender stances that would make my alliance one that is harcore.  I have and eventually will again raid regions.  When I had the time for military gameplay I joined the UDL because that is who approached me.  I enjoyed it and continue to enjoy both raiding and defending.  My RL situation has changed which in turn led me to take on a position in the CSS here in TSP which ties down my WA.  

Just to clarify something, because I get the impression it's being misunderstood. When we say that Osiris must return to constitutional governance, we're not saying Osiris must adopt TSP-style democracy or TNP-style bureaucracy or whatever. We would prefer a democratic Osiris, but we recognize the right to self-determination. The red line however is that there must be, at minimum, rule of law and permanent structures.

Asta's idea of some kind of loosely structured free-for-all might be what's best for Osiris' own activity levels, but that's not a governing system conducive to inter-regional relations. We need to know who we're talking to, and we need to know that when we reach an agreement that there's actual commitment. We want to know that we'll be dealing with the same people (or know when when elections occur and we'll be dealing with other people), and that those people actually have legal authority. In other words, inter-regional relations require communication and reassurance. Democracy isn't required for those two things, but it's most conducive to creating them. We can deal with an autocrat, so long as they actually have power and decision-making is centralized. The bare requirement is that the structure is written down and followed. Gentlemen's agreements and backdoor assurances aren't worth much.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I feel the treaty should have been repealed since this isn't the government we made a treaty with and it wasn't elected by the terms of their own charter. That being said, we could have handled it a whole lot better. We should have immediately sent communications offering support and help if they needed it. The repeal could have been handled differently (notice I didn't say "better") with a question to them first "Do you intend to honor the treaty?". And the embassy should just quietly remain with a post/message saying  "We hope to continue the fine relationship with you and as soon as things settle down in your world, come on over for a cup of coffee." It's really none of our business. 

Now had someone from the previous regime came to us and said "HELP! WE"RE BEING TAKEN OVER!!!!!" it would be a whole different story but it seems they just rolled over and let it happen.

Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
Quote: I say once more, TSP continues to support Osiris. I dare them to call me a liar.
You are a liar.

Not only have you accused me of calling Hilville a UDL stooge, which I didn't, you've also accused me of either being insane, trolling or full of bullshit. Now you've condemned alleged personal attacks, but you're using them yourself.

So you're a hypocrite as well as a liar.

No action you've taken, either here or in Osiris, has been in support of Osiris.
Quote: Now had someone from the previous regime came to us and said "HELP! WE"RE BEING TAKEN OVER!!!!!" it would be a whole different story but it seems they just rolled over and let it happen.
That would be because the current regime is essentially the same people as the old regime.
Quote:Not only have you accused me of calling Hilville a UDL stooge, which I didn't, you've also accused me of either being insane, trolling or full of bullshit. Now you've condemned alleged personal attacks, but you're using them yourself.

You called me a "defender stooge" and strongly implied that Hileville motioned for a vote because of his past UDL membership. You are trolling, you just haven't been shut down for it. What the treaty or its repeal has to do with R/D is beyond my knowledge. You keep bringing it up simply to cause drama, to try and stoke another anti-defender witch-hunt in TSP. It's not going to happen.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

People need to chill. Really. Cool iced drinks, anyone? Smile

I'm not about to throw gasoline into the fire. I think that both sides are committing mistakes which can be rectified by sitting down, talking calmly, not hurling bad words, whether outright insults or subtle insinuations. While the relationship between the delegates of TSP and Osiris are cordial, it doesn't mean that the relationships between the citizenry of both regions are cordial. The latter is what matters more - and it is imperative for both TSP and Osiris, and their governments, to stop the deterioration of relations between the inhabitants of the regions.

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
Brutland and Norden, as always, is the voice of reason. Thanks for that! Smile

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
The only stooges we have in tsp are me and curly Smile

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

While SPINN welcomes constructive debate, let's not get too heated about things alright? Drinks on me for everyone! Smile

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."