Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your opinion: Our admin team
Quote:That's a discussion we should have, but we won't solve it by Monday at noon when Hileville shuts down the forums. The admin team and the elected Cabinet are currently discussing where will host a forum and who will the root admin(s).

Did i miss that somewhere? Hile is shutting down the forums at noon monday?
TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*

Wait, what?

I am a devout Christian and an avid Star Wars fan!!!

Political compass:

Libertarian/Authoritarianism: 0.0
Economic left/right: -3.25

I'm actually a mix of centre-left/right and centrist politics. Don't always use my political compass to define me.

Oh, yeah. This.

[Image: BNN_zps2f807b8b.png]

Honestly, I have no idea what else to say!
That's, at least, what he has told the Cabinet.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Quote:That's a discussion we should have, but we won't solve it by Monday at noon when Hileville shuts down the forums. The admin team and the elected Cabinet are currently discussing where will host a forum and who will the root admin(s).

I wasn't privy to any discussions where that very brief timeframe was mentioned, so I didn't know. In that case, you're right that there wouldn't be time to resolve it, but I do hope the issue is addressed at some point. There is no point having a Charter giving people "freedom of speech" if the admin can issue summary bans outside of the constitutional process.
Vibrant Coconuts

WA Advisor to the The South Pacific

Also known as Gruenberg
, Quintessence of Dust
and The Dark Star Republic

Quote:That's, at least, what he has told the Cabinet.
Well, luckily the old forums still exist and we have a backup of the current ones, so in the worst case scenario we can simply move back to them and then update them with all the new content since we moved.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote:That's, at least, what he has told the Cabinet.

That's too soon. Although it's really sad to know that we have to move, and would be really good if things could be settled in another, better way, we should have more time. 

[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kris Kringle" data-cid="121675" data-time="1395528719">
<div>
That's, at least, what he has told the Cabinet.
Well, luckily the old forums still exist and we have a backup of the current ones, so in the worst case scenario we can simply move back to them and then update them with all the new content since we moved.

</div>
</blockquote>

I don't think we could update a zetaboard with IPB content.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Quote:Tsunamy is the obvious candidate as he's been a TSP forum admin for the last ten years, and was root admin before we moved to these forums.

Glen has excellent and invaluable technical skills, but has only been an admin here for two days.
I'd go with Tsu, honestly. Guy's been here forever and is very aware of our history.
I feel like -- what might be best -- is to backup the current forum and upload it on QD's server (since he has one anyway) and then move back to the Zetaboards forum / start a new forum.

I don't think we should operate from a privately hosted forum again, but having QD host the "back up" allows us to view things that have happened since the move.

This isn't ideal -- nor should it be longterm -- but it may be the best short term solution.

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Yeah, I agree with HEM here. If Hile is indeed shutting this place down in less than 48 hours, then we should be fairly quick. I'm personally fine with QD backing the forums up and such. Then we can sort of archive that and break into a new set of forums.

I do recommend, however, that we go for new forums rather than return to the old. Maintain them as achives as well - we should have a clear transition in our history. Plus it'd give the community a chance to create their own admin team, get a fresh start, and get things going.

As of now, Hileville has said that the current forums will be inoperable on Monday 3/24 at noon.

Therefore, we will be temporarily relying on QuietDad's generous offer to transfer the forums over to a site he owns.

This will be a short term solution meant to help us gain stability as we figure out how to proceed. Starting with a new forum that is public and not personally owned is a good idea although the loss of so many posts will be sad.

This needless conflict has brought up several major problems in TSP that we need to address as a community. People need to be open and transparent and accountable for their actions.  

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

We can keep the old posts on a hosted forum while moving operations to a new one. We've done it a few times before.

Is there a need to backup posts on our computers, or will they be transferred to the new forum?

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
Quote:Is there a need to backup posts on our computers, or will they be transferred to the new forum?

I haven't seen the discussions for a bit, but I imagine it might be best to save them to your computer, too, just in case.

Edit: Well, anything you want moved.

===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Quote:Is there a need to backup posts on our computers, or will they be transferred to the new forum?
They should all be transferred.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
The database which holds all of the posts/topics and a bunch of other stuff will be given to QD/GR for the transfer. All of the info should transfer just fine.
Do I have to register again?
Long live TSP and Cake!

[Image: Ryccia.png]
Ryccian Coat of Arms

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-Present)
Probably not 

Many equestrienne. Such Mammal. Wow. 10/10 would ride.

Quote:Do I have to register again?
No.
A forum move is something that shouldn't be rushed.  I let frustration and anger get the best of me.  I am willing to continue hosting past the previous deadline to allow time for an Assembly discussion and through and ironclad plan to be established before any move takes place.  When deciding to move servers for these forums it took me several months to plan the move.  It was completely unfair of me to expect a resolution to this issue in 48 hours time.

I hope to work with the Assembly, Government, and admin to ensure a move will not cause any further harm to this community.

We really appreciate this Hileville. Thank you so much for working with us and ensuring that all your wonderful hard work in helping build our community doesn't go to waste. I think from here on all of TSP can work on a smooth and well-thought out transition which will benefit the community.

*hugs*

Let's please keep the peace and work on a positive discussion of how to transition, our options and how to move forward. Thank you.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

*phew*

That's good news at least! Smile
I am a devout Christian and an avid Star Wars fan!!!

Political compass:

Libertarian/Authoritarianism: 0.0
Economic left/right: -3.25

I'm actually a mix of centre-left/right and centrist politics. Don't always use my political compass to define me.

Oh, yeah. This.

[Image: BNN_zps2f807b8b.png]

Honestly, I have no idea what else to say!
Quote:A forum move is something that shouldn't be rushed. I let frustration and anger get the best of me. I am willing to continue hosting past the previous deadline to allow time for an Assembly discussion and through and ironclad plan to be established before any move takes place. When deciding to move servers for these forums it took me several months to plan the move. It was completely unfair of me to expect a resolution to this issue in 48 hours time.

I hope to work with the Assembly, Government, and admin to ensure a move will not cause any further harm to this community.
Well, everyone cools off after a fight... Or engage in a feud. Thanks Hile. Smile
Long live TSP and Cake!

[Image: Ryccia.png]
Ryccian Coat of Arms

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-Present)
Quote:A forum move is something that shouldn't be rushed.  I let frustration and anger get the best of me.  I am willing to continue hosting past the previous deadline to allow time for an Assembly discussion and through and ironclad plan to be established before any move takes place.  When deciding to move servers for these forums it took me several months to plan the move.  It was completely unfair of me to expect a resolution to this issue in 48 hours time.

Thank you, we really need the extra time.  I know you want to be done with this, so we will try to make sure the transition is hassle free as possible.
If the Assembly is going to be the body planning the entire forum move, this is going to take months to even come up with a handful of options, yet alone decide what actually needs to be done. -_-

The Assembly should be asking the Cabinet to present viable options.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs